Need help getting started with Product Information Form software and the online PIF V6? Check out these handy resources created by food industry leaders that step you through the process from start to finish.
Keen to promote the widespread uptake of the PIF V6 across all relevant industry sectors, the Australian Food & Grocery Council (AFGC) formed the PIF Implementation Group to develop the PIF V6 Implementation Roadmap, which sets out three key phases to making the move online and to adopting PIF software.
The PIF Implementation Group is a coalition of industry frontrunners who have set the pace for the transition to the online PIF V6, and are now sharing their experience to help other food companies big and small make a smooth transition to the V6 PIF.
Leading food and beverage organisations including Austchilli, CHR Hansen, Fonterra, Goodman Fielder, HJ Langdon, Kellogg’s, Kerry Group and Mars form the group, with the assistance of the three V6 PIF portal software vendors Bizcaps Software, Hamilton Grant and Oakbarrel Software.
The PIF V6 Implementation Roadmap includes industry-centric templates which guide managers in QA, Technical, Regulatory Affairs and Compliance through the processes involved in developing a business case and creating a project plan:
Phase 1 – Discovery: what is a PIF V6?
With handy graphics and an explainer video, the roadmap introduces the ePIF and summarises the business benefits of moving to cloud-based PIF software including:
- a single source of truth
- reduced risk, duplication and errors.
Phase 2 – Building a Business Case
The hard work is all done for you with the AFGC PIF V6 Business Case template which has pre-populated sections on:
- Concept Description
- Current Challenges
- Advantages of PIF V6
- Business Objectives & Outcomes
Simply plug in the details specific to your organisation, including costs and timeframes, and you’re ready to evaluate the three PIF portals and select the PIF platform that’s right for your business. All three are approved by the AFGC with the same base functionality, and all talk to each other so you only need one.
Phase 3 – Implementation
Implementation can be achieved in five stages:
- The AFGC Project Plan template guides you through the process of developing a project plan and setting up a team.
- The next step is to consider Change Management within your business and with key external stakeholders. Change management ensures a structured approach to keep the process of change smooth and on track to achieve the desired impact.
- Your vendor will work with you on an Implementation Plan to integrate your PIF software with your existing business systems, customers and suppliers.
- The AFGC has a User Guide and other resources to support your staff, and the three portal vendors all provide applied training and help with ongoing upgrades, maintenance and management.
- Upload your data, test and go live!
To keep on top of these and other changes designed to make exchanging product data easier, and to receive bite-sized tips and info about the online PIF V6 direct to your inbox, click here to sign up for Bizcaps Software’s monthly PIF Update.